Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Natural Postpartum Care Resources

In addition to mentally preparing for labor and delivery, I have also been thinking about the postpartum period and wanting to be prepared for that.  With Esther, I was totally unprepared for how much the birth process would take out of my body.  This time, I want to be sure to have everything on hand I will need to care for my body.

'eat drink woman child' photo (c) 2005, Nico - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

Homemade Natural Postpartum care kit - I love making homemade health and beauty products!  I love the looks of these recipes; I need to get on it with making some of these before baby boy comes!

Binding your belly after birth - Belly binding is practiced in many cultures to help restore the abdominal muscles after the intense workout that is labor and delivery.  This article explains why and how to do it.

10 Things you need to do post pregnancy - A good list of things to keep in mind, mostly revolving around the topic of abdominal/pelvic floor muscle rehab after birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment