Friday, November 1, 2013

October in our Home

The month started similar to how last month ended: overwhelmed and nauseous. But by about mid-month, my nausea was almost gone, and by the end of the month, my extreme tiredness and need for 10 hours of sleep per night was almost gone too.  Baby boy's nighttime sleep got better to the point of him sleeping through the night by the end of the month, but his daytime fussiness has only slightly decreased. Fortunately, as I was progressively feeling better through the month, it became much easier to work through.

Things seem to be going well with my pregnancy.  The baby is very active for every ultrasound that I have had so far.  Next week is the big anatomy ultrasound, where they check that s/he is developing correctly and we can find out the gender if we choose (though we haven't decided yet if we are going to find out).  Just as my nausea was ending, a baby belly has been starting to appear.  No need for pregnancy clothes quite yet but I'm not sure how much longer I will fit into my jeans! I'm 17 weeks along this week, so just about 23 to go!

This month was a month of waiting, in many ways: waiting to feel better, and waiting to hear about baby boy's future (as I mentioned last month, we had been told about a cousin who might take him), waiting for baby boy to sleep better and be less fussy and a few other things.  Waiting is hard.  But it builds faithfulness when you have to wake up each day, and continue to put one foot in front of the other, even when you don't feel like it.  There is so much Biblical encouragement about waiting.  Here are some of my favorite verses (that I have been reading over and over as good reminders in this season of life):

"The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord" Lamentations 3:25-26

"From of old no one has head or perceived by the ear,
no eye has seen a God beside you, who acts for those who wait for him." Isaiah 64:4

"Wait for the Lord and keep his way,
and he will exalt you to inherit the land;
you will look on when the wicked are cut off" Psalm 37:34

"And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." Romans 8:23

This month ended on a fun note with several Halloween celebrations (actually, three in one day!).  This is the first time we've done anything for Halloween.  No trick or treating, just a few different parties and events.  Esther dressed up as a lady bug (a really super cute one, but I am biased :) ) and baby boy was a candy corn (well, we put him in a onesie that was orange, white and grey striped... so he kinda looked like a candy corn).  I think my mom may have gotten a pic, I will post it if I can soon.

Not much else to report from this month.  Like I said, its just been a lot of waiting and practicing faithfulness.  But we hope that this month will bring some conclusion and answers to the things we are waiting for.

::Sermons I listened to this month::
(Between doing child care and being sick, I only attended a half sermon the whole month of October.  Hence all the sermons I listened to online from our own church.)

The Man Who Stores Up Treasures for Himself by Tim Bayly

Philippians 4:1-9 by Mike Gunn

Philippians- Lose your Religion by Mike Gunn

Philippians - Christian Maturity by Mike Gunn


::Books I read this month::

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kahling

End the Fed by Ron Paul (still in progress!)

And after watching parts I and II of the trilogy, I really want to read Atlas Shrugged, though I am pretty intimidated by its size.  I wish I would have picked it up in my pre-kiddo days, although back then I knew very little about politics or economics (even though in college I was one class from an econ minor, ha.  But I'm glad I didn't drink more of the keynesian economics kool-aid than I already did, because then I really wouldn't know much about econ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment