i haven't posted a recipe in a while. i often randomly invent things in the kitchen and want to share them, but i don't usually have time to write them down.
last friday i made up cilantro avocado ranch burgers and they were too delish not to share with the world. i made them for alex's birthday.
cilantro avocado ranch burgers
1 lb ground beef (we like grass-fed)
1 egg (from our chickens!)
1/2 bunch cilantro (from our box!)
1 cup bread crumbs (sourdough!)
6 burger buns (for store bought i like ezekiel sprouted buns, but this time we used sourdough bread slices because we have so much bread around right now)
2 avocados (from our box!)
ranch dressing (homemade is best. i used this ranch recipe made with this mayonnaise recipe)
a few extra sprigs of cilantro for garnish
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees. put the carrot, cilantro and onion in the food processor and chop until fine. add the bread crumbs, meat and egg and process until blended.
2. form into 6 patties in a baking pan. bake at 350 for 15 minutes (plus or minus, depending on how thick you make them).
3. while the patties are baking, slice up your avocados and chop the cilantro for garnish. during the last few minutes of baking, put your buns/bread in the oven to warm up.
4. top the buns with the burgers, avocado, ranch and finally cilantro. serve with hot sauce (our fave!), ketchup and mustard.
5. enjoy your nutrient-dense, delicious, low-phytate meal. yum!
you're welcome, world. :)