Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June in Our Home

Midway through this month we moved into an apartment complex 3 minutes from our church.  Not only is the rent just over half of what we were paying at our old place, its only about 1/5 of what we paid in California! Another plus is that 8 other families from church live in this complex, giving Esther tons of other kiddo friends to play with.  We also have a little postage stamp sized back yard now, which is just big enough to dry some laundry and give Esther playing room.  And when that's not enough, there are several play sets around the complex within walking distance.

Hudson turned a bit of a corner in June, moving from wanting to be held constantly while awake to playing on the floor or bouncy seat for 10-15 minutes here and there (but still wanting plenty of snuggle time :) ).  He also moved from very little personality to lots of personality.  He's quite smiley, as his sister was at this age, and loves to converse (in oohs and aahs of course). 

This month has been a funky mix of I-feel-like-we-should-be-past-the-newborn-stage, but why-can-I-still-not-get-anything-done-all-day!  I have a never ending list of sewing projects, books to read, blog posts to write, work outs to do, but most days I'm just keeping my head above water with keeping people fed and clothed.  Its meant to increase my trust in God, to keep me humble as I realize how finite I am.  It keeps me repenting as I keep feeling like I could be the perfect mom if only I didn't have these kids to care for!

And it has also been a month of thinking about and looking forward to getting back in to fostering.  We heard from friends who are also foster parents that every single house in our county is at full capacity for foster kiddos.  It breaks my heart and makes me want to sign up tomorrow.  But on the other side, there is fear.  How will fostering affect Hudson and Esther?  What if we adopt a child who never comes to love and know and fear God?  What if we get a very fussy/difficult baby?  What if...?  There is so much to trust God for, to seek him in.


Books I started this month (but yet to finish!)

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin

Don't Make Me Count to Three! by Ginger Plowman

No comments:

Post a Comment